Effective as of August 28, 2017
Categories of Information We Collect
We collect information about you and during your interactions with the Services, including, but not limited to, personal information (meaning information that identifies or allows us to contact a specific person, which includes, without limitation, an individual’s full name, physical address, telephone number, cell phone number or email address), in addition to other technical and usage information, each, as further described below:
- User Contributions. The Services may contain features or functionalities including, but not limited to, comment sections, profiles, forums, videos, and other interactive features that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users of the Services or other users of Third Party Services (hereinafter, “post”) certain content or materials that are provided by users (collectively, “User Contribution(s)”) via the Services. Any User Contribution you post to the Services including, but not limited to, any accompanying personal information or any other identifying information, will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, may be available publicly and may be displayed in search results on external search engines.
- Information From Your Use of the Services. Information that we and Third Party Services obtain from your use of the Services includes information obtained using various types of tracking technology, such as “cookies,” beacons, pixels or other tags, files, and other technology which collect and store information. Such information collected includes, but is not limited to, your browser type and version, IP address, operating system and platform, mobile carrier, browser settings, when you open email that we send you and other information about your use of the Services. You may turn off certain tracking technology which has been placed on your device by following the instructions on your browser. However, if you prevent the use of tracking technology, it will be more difficult, and may be impossible, for you to use the Services, or certain portions or features of, the Services. We and Third Party Services may use locally stored objects, including, but not limited to, Flash cookies, browser web storage or application data caches to provide the Services, for example, to store your preferences or display content. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage Flash cookies go to http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html. Your browser may also offer other tools to manage locally stored objects, so if you want to adjust your settings for local storage mechanisms (e.g., to delete or reject locally stored objects), please check your browser’s settings or help menu for more information. If information is stored in local storage in addition to a cookie, you will need to remove both the local storage and the cookie in order to fully delete the information. If you access the Services from a mobile device or other device, we may collect information about that device and your use, including, but not limited to, a unique device identifier or advertiser identifier assigned to such device, geolocation data (including your precise location), or other transactional information via such device. You may turn off part or all of such tracking through your mobile device’s settings, however, if you prevent tracking on your mobile device, it will be more difficult, and may be impossible, for you to use the Services, or portions of the Services. We have also implemented Google Analytics, including Google’s Audience Reporting and Advertising features, for the Services. You can use the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ to disable tracking by Google Analytics. To learn more about Google’s collection and use of data in connection with our Services you can visit: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Use and Disclosure of Information
We may use your information, which may include personal information, as follows:
- To provide the Services to you and other users and to fulfill our business purposes.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or provide customer service.
- To contact you, for example, to provide you with updates about the Services, and to notify you about issues with or changes to the Services or to our policies. You agree that we or our agents may email, call or text you regarding your account, subscriptions or your transactions and that we may listen to and/or record any communications that you have with us for training purposes or to evaluate the quality or other characteristics of our Services, in compliance with Applicable Law.
- To promote the Services or to provide other promotions, products and services to you, including, but not limited to, jointly with our third party marketing partners (as a Third Party Service, a “Marketing Partner(s)”). In addition, we may share any of your information with our Marketing Partners, for such Marketing Partners’ own use. If you do not wish to receive these communications (which may occur via email), you may opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link or following the instructions included in such communications. Please note, however, that you cannot opt-out of certain administrative communications.
- To allow Third Party Service(s) to assist in providing, improving and managing the Services including, but not limited to, sharing information with and receiving information from such Third Party Service(s).
- To carry out our obligations and to enforce our rights arising from any contracts we have entered into, including, but not limited to, any such contracts between you and us.
- To display and target advertisements, marketing, promotions and content via the Services and in connection with any Third Party Service(s). See “Targeted Advertisements” for more information.
- To provide and improve the Services including improving algorithms.
- To allow social sharing of content or materials, which may be through Third Party Service(s).
- In combination with information that we obtain from Third Party Service(s), including, but not limited to, offline sources.
- To protect the rights, including legal rights, and safety, of us, other users, and/or others, and as otherwise may be needed to comply with Applicable Law.
- To provide information to our representatives, advisors, business partners, and corporate affiliates, including Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
- To complete the sale or transfer of all or substantially all of our assets (or a line of our business to which personal information or other information relates), or an acquisition or merger, for which we may, in connection with the transaction, transfer your information to the parties involved in the transaction.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information or otherwise specify.
In addition, we may use information that does not identity you as a specific person for any purpose and share it with third parties.
We do not intentionally collect information such as social security numbers, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership (“Sensitive Information”).We ask that you do not disclose any Sensitive Information via the Services. Please note that if any Sensitive Information is included in your User Contribution(s) or otherwise provided by you via the Services, we and the Third Party Services will have access to such Sensitive Information, and your Sensitive Information will be available publicly with the applicable User Contribution(s), and neither we nor any Third Party Service(s) is responsible for keeping or maintaining the security of any such Sensitive Information.
Safeguarding Your Information
We use a variety of commercially reasonable security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, no one can guarantee the complete safety of your information (including personal information). It is solely your responsibility to keep any and all of your password(s) and any account information confidential.
Do Not Track Signals
At this time, the Services do not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
Third Party Service(s) and Governing Terms
Data Retention; Removal of Your Information
Accuracy and Updates to Personal Information
You are responsible for keeping your personal information accurate and up-to-date with us. If your personal information changes (including, but not limited to, a change in your email address) then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes so that we can keep such personal information up-to-date. You may contact us at EmailChangeNotice@Lightworkers.com to update your personal information.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to CAPrivacyRights@Lightworkers.com or write us at: CA Privacy Rights, Lightworkers Legal Department, 100 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA 90230.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, California Business and Professional Codes Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request about the Services, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to CAPrivacyRights@Lightworkers.com. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.