from our partnerLightWorkers Guest
written byDr. Ronnie W. Floyd
Dear Friends Praying for America,
I believe America is in great need of prayer this month. Right now, determine to be faithful to pray for our nation.
Please share these requests with pastors, church leaders, intercessors in churches, ministries and denominations. Additionally, share them with anyone who loves America.
People are hurting in America. Let’s pray for divine intervention in the present governmental crisis in America. Are you ready to go to God in prayer? Prioritize these requests.
Now is the time to lead and to pray for America,
Ronnie W. Floyd
1. Ask God to lead our president and members of both houses of Congress to find a way to work together and avoid another shutdown of the American government.
“Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.” Jeremiah 29:7
- Sovereign God, please guide the heart of the president and members of both houses of Congress to come together to find a common resolution for the border crisis and funding of the United States government.
- Holy Spirit, would You build within the president and members of Congress a spirit of humility, respect for one another, a spirit of understanding, and a determination to cooperate for the common good of America.
- May each person seek the peace and prosperity of America, knowing when they do, each of them prospers.
- God our Provider, please take care of the many government workers and their families who endured a financial setback during the most recent shutdown of the government.
2. Call out to God for families, workplaces, communities and cities in America to love one another.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock, Inc., Used By Permission.
“Dear friends, let us love one another, because love is from God, and everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.” 1 John 4:7
- When we belong to Jesus, we belong to love; therefore, call upon God for families, workplaces, communities, and cities in America to know that love is always God’s way.
- Call families, workplaces, communities, and cities to look to God, who is love, so they can experience the transforming power of love.
- Ask God for America’s families, workplaces, communities and cities to begin to choose love and forgiveness, love and restitution, love and healing, love and unity and a future transformed by the power of unconditional love.
- Ask God to raise up a Love One Another movement across America.
3. Appeal to God to mobilize leaders of towns and cities, as well as leaders of churches, businesses, schools and denominations to have a prayer observance for America on Thursday, May 2, 2019.
“Love one another. Just as I have loved you,” John 13:34
- Lord, we call upon You to mobilize leaders of towns and cities, as well as leaders of churches, businesses, schools and denominations to have a prayer observance on the National Day of Prayer on Thursday, May 2 and focus on the theme LOVE ONE ANOTHER.
- Oh God, we ask You to create and build a mighty force of volunteers across the country to do all they can to ensure we have thousands of prayer observances across America in all kinds of settings on the National Day of Prayer on May 2, 2019.
- Lord Jesus Christ, raise up hundreds of people who will support the National Day of Prayer Task Force financially to give no less than $500,000 together to this national ministry before May 30, so we can supply the needs of thousands of gatherings across the nation, as well as in the nation’s capital. (You can give online at nationaldayofprayer.org or mail a gift to: PO Box 64225, Colorado Springs, CO 80962.)
- Holy Spirit, lead Dr. Ronnie Floyd, President of the National Day of Prayer Task Force, as well as the rest of the staff and volunteers to do all they can to lead this national prayer movement to pray for America.