Boy Who Miraculously Woke From Coma Says He Met Jesus: ‘He Held My Hand’


The 13-year-old Alabama boy who was called a “miracle” after he came back from the brink of death following a horrific accident has said that he “held the hand of Jesus.”

from our partner

written by

Will Maule

The 13-year-old Alabama boy who was called a “miracle” after he came back from the brink of death following a horrific accident has said that he “held the hand of Jesus.”

Trenton McKinley of Mobile was being towed in a small utility trailer by a friend who was riding a dune buggy when his friend suddenly pumped the brakes. Trenton quickly threw his 4-year-old niece off the trailer and into the grass to safety. In the process, however, he managed to get tangled in the trailer as it flipped over.

RELATED ARTICLE: Rock Climber In Unbelievable Condition After 25-Foot Fall Onto A Rock

“I hit the concrete and the trailer landed on top of my head. After that, I don’t remember anything,” Trenton told WALA-TV. Trenton’s injury plunged him into a coma. According to the BBC, Trenton’s mother Jennifer Reindl said that Trenton was confirmed dead for 15 minutes, after which doctors insisted he would “never be normal again”.

But in an interview with CBN News, this brave young man talked of seeing Jesus Christ in the flesh.

“I was walking through a shadow with a field. I saw a dark male figure with a beard,” McKinley recalled. “He held my hand as I walked through a field. I was holding a baby in my arm. My mom told me she lost a boy from a miscarriage before I was born. I know it was my brother.”

“I was in an open field walking straight,” Trenton revealed. “There’s no other explanation but God. There’s no other way. Even doctors said it.”

Now, with an extraordinary experience of survival under his belt, Trenton insisted that heaven “was real.”

“Jesus is watching you at all times,” he told CBN News. “He’s with you. Believe and never lose faith.”

The teen has continued to defy doctors by making remarkable progress in his recovery. But it’s not all easy going — Trenton has lost 50 pounds and suffers with both nerve pain and horrific seizures. Currently, he possesses just half of his skull. The missing piece is frozen at the hospital, ready to be reconnected through yet another surgery.

In the latest update posted to his GoFundMe page, Trenton’s mom Jennifer Reindl detailed that her son’s recovery was going very well.

“Trenton had a good day today…he only had one dizzy spell….and no seizures. God is good….we had a special suprise visit from one of Trenton’s youth pastures that we really enjoyed talking of the lord with today. Speaking of god and of his greatness really rises our spirits. We are so thankful for all the prayers and blessing from you all,” she posted.

In a Facebook update last week, the mom said that she hoped Trenton’s story “changes lives” and that she was “thankful for all the prayers and kind words.”
“I am forever thankful to the lord and out of gratitude will speak in the lords favor and as a witness to his miracle… hopes are that our story brings hope to any mother out there facing such odds…..from one mother to another mother I send love and prayer,” she concluded.
A Facebook fundraising page set up to help Trenton and his family with their medical costs has currently raised over $20,000.


An Alaskan firefighter continues a miracle recovery after falling from a 100-foot ladder last summer.