The day after Christmas a fire devastated a home in Steele, Alabama leaving few remains. In the remnants, a familiar item was found that brought this family hope during the holidays—their grandfather’s bible.
The Bible was found open to a very important proverb. Mother, Sherri Rosas shares, “God was definitely here that day…I have a big heart and I believe in God.” The proverb read, “I am weary, God, but I can prevail.” Seeing Proverbs 30:1 amongst the rubble gave this family the strength to push through at this moment.
Ashlee Pham, the daughter, tells ABC, “My 13-year-old brother heard a knock on the door and it was actually the ceiling had collapsed in the laundry room. So [he] and my mom got the animals and got out.” Pham attributes this to a supernatural act of God.
“That knock was God knocking on the door to let them know because if they would have ignored it they would have been trapped inside.”
Pham adds, “Some say that knock on the door was an angel watching over them, or God. God was definitely with them when it happened.” Firemen say that faulty wiring in the attic started the fire. This family is going through a tough moment, yet they are relying on God and His amazing word to comfort them.