Well, if there was ever a medical miracle this was it. Michael Pruitt's Beaumont medical staff credits field CPR with making this incredible save possible. This all happened back in April while Pruitt was working alongside his dad on a siding job in Livonia, Michigan.
"I remember my arms just locking up" while being electrocuted "and then just nothing," Pruitt recalls.
When 20-year-old Michael Pruitt's metal ladder came in contact with a live wire while working, his heart stopped. In most cases, thousands of volts of electricity would have been lethal. Despite a full 20 minutes without a pulse Beaumont's team of doctors and nurses refused to let Pruitt go, using electric shock to save him by bringing his heart back into a normal rhythm.
Pruitt, who spent five days in the hospital recovering, feels like he's got some sort of superpower. His doctors say he demonstrated hulk-like strength when he first woke up. A welcomed sign of life.
Pruitt is now fully recovered and back to work. Praise God!